Phone: (504) 669-7995
Notary Service and Bonding Agency, Inc.
Serving over a million notaries since 1940 we have made becoming or renewing as a Louisiana notary public worry-free. We are your primary notarial provider to securely order your notary bond and supplies.
- Save more! Low cost notary packages and supplies.
- 100% total satisfaction is guaranteed.
- Expedited shipping is available.
- Questions? Contact our client service support team.
Important State of Louisiana Notary Links:
How to become or renew as a notary in the State of Louisiana:
- Complete the online application to qualify for appointment as notary public.
- Register to take the notary exam pre-assessment.
- Prepare for and register to take the notary exam.
- Purchase your notary bond, stamp(s) and supplies.
- Complete the process with the Secretary of State.
- Check the notary database for your Louisiana notary public commission information.
- Once listed as a active notary public obtain your commission information.
Note: If you have previously taken the notary exam pre-assessment, you will proceed to register for the state notary exam in the next step.
When you’re application to qualify is approved, you will receive an email containing your applicant ID and an access code to enable you to register online to take the mandatory notary exam pre-assessment.
- Continue here to register online to take the mandatory notary exam pre-assessment.
When registration for the pre-assessment is complete, the LSU Center for Assessment and Evaluation will email you login instructions to complete the pre-assessment. Once this office receives your score from LSU OAE, you will be able to register for the state notary exam. This test is an evaluation and does not require a passing score for you to register for the state notary exam.
How to prepare for the exam: The Secretary of State publishes an official study guide for the exam. Entitled Fundamentals of Louisiana Notarial Law and Practice, the study guide contains the sources and materials from which the exam items are drawn.
- Continue here for information on how to order the Fundamentals of Louisiana Notarial Law and Practice examination official study guide.
How to register to take the state exam: Once you have received a score on the notary exam pre-assessment, you can register online to take the state notary exam. The deadline to get your application to qualify, notary exam pre-assessment and examination registration completed is 60 days prior to the exam. Please take note that the application to qualify must be approved by the Secretary of State's Office and the notary exam pre-assessment registration and scoring process take approximately one week. It is, therefore, beneficial to the applicant to submit these well in advance of the deadline. Deadline to complete the pre-assessment is 67 days prior to the exam.
- Continue here to register online to take the state notary exam.
Online Ordering: Proceed back to the secure shopping store to complete your order.
Fax / Mail Ordering:
- Continue here to complete and print your new or renewal notary bond package order form.
Notary Service and Bonding Agency, Inc.
550 Hulet Drive
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Once we receive your form and payment we will review your form for accuracy. If all the information is correct and complete we will then process your order and mail you your notary bond which you must then file with your Secretary of State's office. Please allow ample time to receive your new official notary seal stamp due to the fact that it needs to be personalized and manufactured.
- Continue here for more detailed information on how and what notary documents you must file.
In order to be commissioned by the Secretary of State on behalf of the Governor, the following documents are required:
- Two Original Oaths of Office, properly executed. Send one (1) to Secretary of State and file one (1) with your parish Clerk of Court.
- Official signature page.
- Original or Certified True Copy Surety or Personal surety bond that has been approved by the parish Clerk of Court in the amount of $10,000.
- A $35 commission filing fee - check or money order payable to the “Secretary of State”.
Once you have verified all items for completeness and accuracy send all but one copy of the Oath of Office to:
Louisiana Secretary of State
P. O. BOX 94125
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9125
Note: File a duplicate original Oath of Office with the parish Clerk of Court within one month after the oath is administered.
Once you have completed the above steps you will need to check the Louisiana Notary Database often until you see that you are listed as an active notary public.
- Continue here to check the Louisiana Notary Database for your commission information.
Please be advised you do not need to wait for your commission information to arrive in the mail. You can begin on your commission date, which can be obtained from the notary database as soon as it is updated to include your commission information.